Friday, March 24, 2006

After a long hideout...

Woww... its really been awhile since I last wrote on my blog. I mean I was really sad not being able to write anymore for reasons that I wish not to disclose here. But as for now, I think the coast is clear and therefore I'll continue writing...

So lately, there have a number of things going on that have quite interest me. Especially with the 30 cents hike in gasoline, TNB tariffs, Proton, MAS issues or should I say 'scandal' and not to forget AP's.

I'm really the kind of person who doesn't like to talk about a topic and leave it alone as it gets lesser attention from the media. Issues like AP has to be solved no matter what for the benefits of Proton and offcourse the nation automotive industry.

Recently, the government answered doubts from the public on the new automotive policyby announcing that APs are going to be abolished by 2010 while tax rates are going to be reduced. Oh no... I have less than 3 years to make money out of AP!!! hehehe...

Sometimes I wonder how come the Govt didn't use AP as mean to generate revenue for the Govt.

In the past, there were calls made for an auction process to be in placed. The process will then be transparent and the Govt derives an income from the sale of these APs. When the proces is transparent, there can be no leakages at all leading to abuse or corruption.

If 100,000 APs are issued in one year and if on average every AP can fetch RM10,000, the Govt get RM1bio additional money. Maybe this money can go into the RM4.4bio trust fund to improve the public transportation system rather than burden the public by a sudden hike in gasoline price. Or even better, use it to fund the fuel subsidy i.e reduce RM0.10 from the fuel price.

In the past there were allegations that APs were being traded and brokers made money. Even those who have no assembly plants or showrooms can become AP Kings.

Why is this still being allowed by the Govt by the continuation of this policy? Who benefit?

No comments: